07 pontiac G6 GT

Thinking about ordering a GT with sport package: 6 speed manual, 3.9l V6, 18" tires etc. Not sure about radio. Can't find out if speakers are the same with the Sun Sound package instead of stock system. Original system is single cd and monsoon speakers - package includes 6 cd changer. Also a difference with the systems equalizer.

Any issues I should be concerned about?

Reply to
Marty

Just a few general observations.

1: If most of your driving is heavy stop/go communter type, consider how much gear rowing you'll do with the 6 speed/automatic. A few miles a day is OK, but long hauls at 5 MPH takes skills to not wear out your left foot.

2: CD changeer is the way to go just to keep the inside neat. An interface port for an IPOD/MPG Player gives you an option as well.

3: Look into the cost of an after market system vs. OEM. Optional OEM sound systems is a large mark-up item. Monsoon is a good way to go if your considering a convertable.

4: If not going for a convertible, consider a sun roof.

Post back with an update when you get the G6 home.

Reply to
brxsep

I thought they only came in Auto trans.

Reply to
Hickabob McCrane

There's a "sport package" which also adds the above as well as stability control and rear spoiler.

Reply to
Marty

Does that package also come with the convertible?...if so I may take another look.

Reply to
Timmy Thompson Private Eye

Reply to
L benn

Catalog shows Sport package - automatic - for convertible, 6 speed manual for coupe and sedan.

Reply to
Marty

The website says the convertible only comes with the 4 spd auto trans.

Reply to
Hickabob McCrane

I would wait and get one with the 3.6 eng. Smaller yet more performance.

Reply to
Homie J.

OK, now have about 350 miles on my 6spd. GT. Mileage about 19.5 Shifter is a bit "notchy" but shorter throw than my previous (1998 GT 4 cyl. 5 speed. - and that car was a bit hard to find!) Car is confortable to sit in, physically, I had more interior storage in the '98, and trunk is smaller (especially the opening), arm rest was better positioned, better interior lighting (foot wells, 2 reading lights due to sun roof, steering seemed a bit lighter). Miss my radio/cd which had a 5 band equalizer, but the monsoon cd changer not bad. Of course, major difference w/6cyl over the 4. Oh well, progress...

Reply to
M. Lewis