1993 Grand Prix Power Steering leaking like a sieve.

Hey guys...

I have a 93 grand prix 3.1.

So everywhere I go, my power steering is leaking like a sieve... empties the whole quart (or whatever is there) in a couple miles... you can see the streaks on the ground where you were driving whether you turn or not.

I've tried several "power steering sealant" products... all to no avail. Slows down the leak for a little bit but then it comes right back up.

Where should I be starting in terms of fixing this? I'm guessing replacing the pump isn't the first thing I should be looking at? Lines maybe?

Thanks! Shaun

Reply to
shaun

My '91 Grand Prix used to blow the High Pressure power steering line. With even a small hole in it, every time you turn the wheel, it squirts all over the place. If I recall correctly, mine was the line going from the pump itself down to the steering rack.

Reply to
80 Knight