Pontiac Grand Prix power window problem... HELP!

Hi All, Just bought a 98 Grand Prix. Everything on it is fine except the second day I had it, the front driver's side power window stopped working. What happens is that if you press the button in either direction, the interior lights will dim normally as if the car is giving the power to lower/raise the window, but nothing happens. A couple days after this initially happend, the window did work for one day, but I haven't gotten it to work since. Could it be a dead motor, bad switch, broken wire... where do I start?

Any help would be appreciated!

-Mike

Reply to
Mike

If the light dims it would appear it's trying to work, indicating that probably the switch & wiring are intact. So the motor is very likely gonna be your headache. Never saw one act like that so when removing the motor make sure the window itself goes up & down easily before putting in the new one. Good luck.

Reply to
pater