1996 Sunfire 2.2 modified cooling system?

1996 Sunfire 2.2

Has anyone ever modified the cooling system manual bleed system to the self bleeding system that is installed on the 97 Sunfire 2.2.

My family has one of each of these cars (96 and 97) - and flushing, changing, adding coolant on the 97 is a breeze, as there is a bleed self line installed between the coolant outlet adaptor block (left side of head) and the coolant reservoir.

The 96 is a real pain as instead of the bleed tube there is a manual bleed fitting to let you bleed the air, mixed with coolant all over the engine and transmission.

Both years still also have the manual bleed fitting on the heater tube that crosses over the exhaust manifold.

My thought was if a coolant reservoir from a 97 (with the two hose connections on top instead of one on the 96), the bleed tube and hose, as well as the coolant outlet adaptor block was obtained, that swapping them might be quite simple.

The only question is are the 96 and 97 coolant outlet adaptor blocks interchangeable? Same bolt patterns?

Has anyone ever tired this?

Reply to
Mike