1997 GTP SES Code P0171

I have a service engine soon light and pulled the OBDII code P0171 with my scan tool. Can anyone direct me on what to check for this code.

Regards,

Eric

Reply to
Eric Poller

If an excessively lean condition is detected, the PCM will set DTC P0171. You need to monitor the O2 sensors with a scan tool, and see if they are responding properly. The quick check for O2 response is to add propane at a vacuum line. It could be the 02 sensor is bad or it could be your injectors are excessively dirty, or you have a vacuum leak, or bad PCM grounds, or a bad MAF sensor, or low fuel pressure......or more. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh