2000 Bonneville radio

The battery on my 2000 Bonneville went stone dead, and after charging, the radio has no volume. The radio powers on without a LOC code, stations are active, and volume indicators move up and down. The audio amp fuse is good, but there's still no sound. What can I try?

Reply to
brutus43

Is the amplifier itself coming on?

Reply to
80 Knight

it's possible that the resistor that controls the volume was blown and/ or is not putting out the correct ohms.

Reply to
AlexanderTaylorJr

I'm not sure....I don't see anything that indicates it's powered up, but also don't see any external LEDs. I checked the amp in the trunk.

Reply to
brutus43

Can the VC resistor be accessed?

Reply to
brutus43

Kind of a seperate question here. I've got the same car, the left side of the radio display is dark. I assume there is a bad backlight in the left half of the radio. Can this be easily fixed, or is it easier (or cheaper) to replace the radio? Thanks!

Reply to
no

this is the lock code for the radio i have a 95 bonneville the code is in the owners manual

Reply to
shorty27263