oil light flickering

i have a 94 grand prix(3.4), and have noticed that of late after the car running for a half hour or so,that when coming to a stop light the oil indicater light will come on untill i feed it a little gas or take off,it doesn't happen every time every now and then,after the car running laonger it doessn't happen or les then the half hour or so it won't happen,the engine is not clacking like low oil,the dipstick is showing full,the oil is not burned or discolored,changed the filter and oil perhaps 3 months ago. any ideas??? car has quite a few miles on engine(200,000 plus)

Reply to
robert -wanda fox

Robert spend a couple bucks and get a real oil pressure gauge and hook it up. The idiot lights only tell you that you have a problem after your engine is toast. My guess is that the idle falls low enough to cause your oil pressure to drop to near zero, but with 200K miles I would spend a few $$ on a oil pressure gauge and mount it in your car.

Reply to
Les Benn

I agree. Don't trust the light. In both of my old Grand Prix's (1992 and

1991) the oil pressure gauge would always drop very low, sometimes turning the light on. The pressure was fine, it was just a bad instrument cluster.
Reply to
80 Knight