2001 Bonneville rear brake caliper

The rear brake caliper has, at the bottom, a metric hex head bolt. At the top, I cannot find any type of fitting at the end of the slide pin. I'm used to torque patterns on both the bottom and top pins. How do I unfasten the top of the caliper? Does it pivot somehow? I'd buy a manual, but can't find one as of yet. Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Dave

IIRC, you disconnect the park brake cable from the park brake lever on the brake caliper, then emove the lower brake caliper pin bolt. Rotate the brake caliper up, then slide the caliper off the upper brake caliper pin bolt. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Go to the Helm Publications website. They sell GM Service Manuals for 01 Bonnevilles. These are exactly the same manuals as what the GM Dealers have. The cost is $120, it's a two volume set. If you do all of your own maintenance & repair, then buy these manuals, you won't regret it.

Reply to
markwb