2001 Grand Prix popping noise

I have a 2001 Grand Prix which make a popping noise when the steering wheel is turned sharply at a low speed. I had my wife turn the steering wheel while I watched the struts/springs (car not moving) and could see the springs ''jump''. Had the mounts replaced, still the springs make noise. Any ideas, anyone else have this problem? Thanks, Terry

Reply to
Terry Parker

I dont have the poping noise but i noticed extra movement during a turn like the wheel was wobbling , i am going to install a strut brace , it mounts right on top of both struts and then a tension bar inbetween them both , theres a kit for that , i have a GTP SE .

Reply to
Waffle