2001 Pontiac Sunfire

Hi everyone - it finally snowed in Victoria BC and out come the idiot drivers! I was parked around the corner from my sisters and had just walked away from the car when a Hyundai driven by a young gal came down the hill and wasn't able to stop and whomped into my car. She then backed up and drove away (with approx 7 people watching). There doesn't seem to be any visible damage to the exterior of my car, I think her bumper may have hit my wheel, it sounded a lot worse, however my car was moved in towards the curb by about 3 inches. What should I be looking for in the way of non visible damage from this. I got the license # and filed a police report. TIA.

Reply to
Peppa's Mum

Look and listen. Take it for a road test. She might have bent your rim or broke your tire steel belt. Look at the tire any bulges? Take it out at 65 and you will feel if she bent the rim, the car will vibrate you head off.

drivers! I was parked

when a Hyundai driven

my car. She then

hit my wheel, it sounded

inches. What should I be looking

filed a police report. TIA.

Reply to
Tj

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

If your car was parked on hard packed snow that might of helped somewhat by allowing the car to slide. Did she hit the front or back wheel??

Check the wheel to see if its bent for starters.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~275,068 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face