2001 Pontiac Sunfire

Just noticing since the weather has gotten cooler that speed 1 and 2 on my heater don't seem to be blowing. I have to turn it to the 3rd setting or higher to get heat blowing out. Does anyone know why or what the problem might be. TIA.

Reply to
Jan

Blower Motor resistor, extremely common problem, not a hard fix, and not that expensive (around $35 cdn is what I paid for mine). To replace it, remove the passenger seat (not necessary, but easier if you do) then remove the blower motor under the dash on the passenger side, and then you'll see the resistor, 2 bolts and its out, but the inside one is a little hard to get at.

Reply to
M.C. Tee

Thanks! My husband just got home after being out of town for a few days and said he has had to replace these resistors before in previous cars.

Reply to
Jan