2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Collector Edition (CE) T-Top Coupe

An elderly (73) acquaintance of mine bought his Trans Am new and sadly is afraid to drive it. It's the yellow and black Collectors Edition with the WS6 engine and Ram Air. While I don't know the mileage off hand, I'm sure it's well under 2000 miles. This thing is mint and loaded with options. He mentioned to me that he was going to trade it in on a new Cadillac and I suggested to him that he might do better trying to sell it privately. My research finds that there were only 2390 CE's built, of which only 510 were T-Top Automatics. 2000 CE's were sold in the U.S. with 390 shipped and sold up here in Canada, although I don't know how many of the Canadian ones were T-Top Automatic coupes. Since 21.3% of the total build were T-Top Automatics, I extrapolate that to guesstimate that about 83 of the 390 sold in Canada were T-Top Automatics.

I've been cruising the web to try to get a feel for what he might ask for the car and I'm drawing blanks. E-Bay doesn't have a single one listed, nor do Cars-On-Line, Gas Pump Classics, or several other major sites. I found one listed on a smaller site at just over $ 31K U.S. but that's the only one that I've been able to find. I checked out Kelley Blue Book and Nada which estimated value at between $ 21.5K U.S. - $ 24K U.S., but those figures seem low considering the low number of Collector Edition cars built.

My question to the group is - Do any of you have any idea of what this car is listing/selling for in the U.S. or Canada? Thanks for your input.

Reply to
StingRay