2002 pontiac sunfire, mystery light on dash

I just purchased a 2002 pontiac sunfire and just noticed this red blinking light on the top of my dash tonight. It looks like some kind of a sensor for something but i have no idea what this blinking light is for or how to stop it from blinking. I didnt notice it blinking during the day but definitely noticed it when it got dark out tonight. Car didnt come with a manual.

Anybody know what this is?

Reply to
aliso

Seat belt? Parking brake?

Reply to
Tj

I believe what you are seeing is the theft deterrent system indicating that it is on duty and that all is well.

Reply to
Silver Surfer