2003 grand am

I have a 2003 Grand Am SE2.. My first Pontiac, and I love it.. lately when I break at high speeds it feels like the brakes are pulsating, and the steering wheel shimmy's. Is this a brake issue or an alignment issue? I am pretty sure the dealership will say wear and tear either way, so I would prefer to fix it myself if I can.

Thanks,

Chris

Reply to
chris

Uh....I would still take it in. These cars (N-body) have had a lot of problems with brake pulsation, premature brake pad wear..etc. GM now (at least here in Canada, and in our dealership) will pretty much replace the brakes for free if you have pulsation, or early wear within the warranty period. It's worth a shot. If they won't repair it under warranty, and you want to do the work yourself......just pull the rotors off and have them machined.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

This has been such an issue, many cars have been repaired by GM even outside the warranty period. Take it in and see what you can get.

Reply to
hyundaitech