2004 Montana Trailer Wire T-Location

I have purchased a trailer wire harness that connects into the existing wire connection for my van. Please tell me where they hide this connection.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Gauthier

connection.

If the Montana isn't equipped with a trailer towing package, there probably isn't a specific connection. Most of the "universal" type harness connector are made to be inserted in the the harness that goes to the brake/tail light unit. If your vehicle does have a towing package there should be some info in the owners' manual. Also I found on my 98 Montana (with a towing package) I needed a unit to electrically isolate the brake and tail light circuit going to the trailer connector. The 98 (don't know about the 04) has separate circuits for the brake & tail lamps. The isolator is available at most auto parts stores and at one time even Walmart. I believe it's nothing more than some diodes to prevent current flow to from the brake light circuit to the tail lamps or vice versa.

Reply to
DonW

On my 2002 Montana AWD its behind the left side rear wheel.

Mike Ober.

connection.

Reply to
Michael D. Ober