2006 G6 GTP Conv

I am approaching my first oil change at 4,000 miles. I was thinking about using dino oil for the first change, and then switching to synthetic, maybe Redline. I used to hear the for the first 8,000 miles it was desirable to use dino oil, since synoil lubricated too well and kept the rings from setting. But that was years ago, when you could expect to see a mpg increase at the same time, and for about the same reason. My understanding is that engine manufacturing technology has improved leaps and bounds, and that new engines are pretty much as good as they're gonna be. If so, I could start with synoil right away. What's the latest?

Reply to
LWG

L benn

My 2005 GTO came from the factory with Mobil 1 and that is what I have kept in it.

Tom S.

Reply to
Tom S

I just had my first oil change in my 07 G6 Vert and I put in Mobil one.

Reply to
L benn