2008 Vibe TPMS won't reset

A couple of days ago when I drove the Vibe, the TPMS indicator was flashing, then turned solid yellow.
Today I remedied the low tire pressures and tried to reset the system
but without success: when I am supposed to press the Reset button until the indicator flashes slowly three times it is *already* flashing slowly, and pressing the button for a long time does not change that, but then a few minutes after I release the button it changes to solid yellow again.
How do I fix this? I don't think my OBD tool does TPS systems.
Perce
On 9/21/18 8:32 PM, I wrote:

The local tire store reset it for me but couldn't explain why the procedure in the book wasn't working.
Perce