2008 Vibe TPMS won't reset (2023 Update)

A couple of days ago when I drove the Vibe, the TPMS indicator was flashing, then turned solid yellow.

Today I remedied the low tire pressures and tried to reset the system but without success: when I am supposed to press the Reset button until the indicator flashes slowly three times it is *already* flashing slowly, and pressing the button for a long time does not change that, but then a few minutes after I release the button it changes to solid yellow again.

How do I fix this? I don't think my OBD tool does TPS systems.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

The local tire store reset it for me but couldn't explain why the procedure in the book wasn't working.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

The TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) on your 2008 Pontiac Vibe is designed to alert you when the pressure in one or more of your tires is low. If the indicator is flashing or solid yellow, it's indicating that the system has detected a problem and needs to be reset. There are a few things you can try to reset the TPMS on your Vibe:

  1. Make sure that all tires are properly inflated to the recommended pressure as stated in your vehicle's owner manual or on the placard located on the driver side door jamb or glove box door.

  1. Use the vehicle's on-board reset button. The reset button is typically located on the driver's side dashboard or console. Press and hold the button for several seconds until the indicator light on the dashboard starts flashing. Release the button and the light should turn off, indicating that the system has been reset.

  2. Disconnect the battery. This will reset the system, but you will lose all your preset radio stations, clock settings, and other electronic settings.

  1. If none of the above steps work, then it's possible that the issue is with the TPMS sensor on one of the tires. In this case, you will need to take your vehicle to a professional mechanic to have the sensors checked and replaced if necessary.

Also, you mentioned that you don't think your OBD tool does TPS systems, OBD-II scanners are designed to read and diagnose engine-related codes, it is not designed to diagnose TPMS issues. Keep in mind that if the issue is with the sensor, it will need to be replaced by a professional mechanic, as the sensors are not a DIY repair.

Reply to
Motors Advisor