65 GTO High End Vibration

My GTO (original 389 w/4 speed) has a significant motor vibration above

3,000 rpm...have replaced motor and trans mounts. Could it be damper??? Any help would be appreciated. Nat Finsness
Reply to
Finsness

Noob

Reply to
Kim Neubert

One thing I've heard of is the damper can come apart, but not look like it is apart. Sometimes the outer ring rotates. One way to tell would be to look at the timing. If it runs OK but is way off on the marks, this may be the problem. It's not the only way to tell, however.

I would check for a miss first. Check all the plugs and see if they look clean (my yukon had a valve seal go bad - it leaked oil right onto the plug and gunked it up), check the wires, firing order (1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2). Then move on to the harder stuff...

Reply to
InjunRAIV

I forgot to add it's probably not worth fixing... Just let me know where it is and I'll come haul it away for you! ;)

Reply to
InjunRAIV