91 sunbird check engine light

I have a 91 pontiac sunbird 2.0 - 4 cylinder. I was driving down the highway when the check engine light came on. I used a jumper wire and had a code 12 come up. Can anyone tell me what that code means or where I can get code information

Reply to
Stan

Code 12 is the standard code, telling you that you are performing the code retrieval procedure correctly. Code 12 (1 long flash, followed by 2 shorter flashes) will be displayed 3 times, then the car will display any other codes 3 times, and it will return to Code 12 when it's done. If all you are getting is Code 12, there isn't a code stored.

Here is a link that may help:

80 Knight