92 Bonneville bearing problem

My 92 Bonneville makes a noise that sounded like a left front bad bearing but I wasn't sure if it came from the right or left.

The noise increased when I turned the steering to the right and decreased when I turned it to the left.

I replaced it and the noise is still there. The right side was replaced about a year ago, maybe 2. It does not appear to be from the real wheels at all. Could it be a bearing in the transaxle?

Antonio

Reply to
Alpha One

Probably a CV joint.

Reply to
FBR

But it sounds like a bearing and when I turn in circles right and left testing the CVGs I don't hear anything.

Reply to
Alpha One

Not transaxle. If it sounds like a bearing, it could be a bearing. What brand bearings did you put in a where were they made?

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Reply to
Alpha One

Hmmm... Could it possibly be the tire? You could try swapping L-R.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

A friend of mine had the same problem. turned out that the people who did the brake job did not tighten the wheel properly.

Reply to
Scott Buchanan

Problem fixed. The bearing that was replaced 1 to 2 years ago, went bad again. So, the old one I just replaced on the left, put it on the right, and no more noise. Thak you to all that replyed to my post.

Antonio

Reply to
Alpha One