93 Grand Prix - brake problems

I am unfamiliar with these cars, but when you press on the brakes, even slam on them, they just slowly bring the car to a stop. Dangerously slowly. Anyone had this before and have a solution? My thoughts are air in the brake lines?

Reply to
Darrell with DieselBenz.info

There are several things to check, but I know with my '92 and '91 Grand Prix's, the brakes always seemed that way, though it was not dangerously slowly, the brakes never worked as well as the ones on my other cars, even after all parts were checked out and/or replaced. You should check out the pads, fluid level, and bleed the lines if you know how. Or take it into a shop and get a diagnostic done. Here in Canada, Canadian Tire does free diagnostics on brake systems, and though they will likely give you a $800 bill, you can find out from that estimate what is wrong and fix it yourself.

Reply to
80 Knight