93 Pont Sunbird A/C problems

I just purchased a 93 sunbird. When you turn the A/C on, it blows the fuse in about 2 seconds. Any ideas as to what and where I should start to look? All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance. Busch

Reply to
buschsc1

ive seen the wires leading to compressor rubber thru . also check clutch windings with ohm meter to see if shorted to ground.

ds549

I would disconnect the blower motor and relay first after checking all of the wiring for shorts. The blower motor or relay is usually more likely the culprit.

TM

Reply to
TM