94 sunbird

I have oil leaking from the cover on the top of the engine and running down onto the exhaust manifold. I've tried (carefully) to torque down the bolts holding it but the seeping oil continues.

Is it possible the oil is getting out thru the gasket or is it coming from some other place.

Does anyone know if this engine has a history of leaks or blown gaskets etc.

Reply to
rcgordo

"rcgordo" wrote

Replace the gasket! It's very rare that "re-tightening" bolts on any gasket does anything more then cause an even bigger leak.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai