95 Grand Prix Flase Temp Reading

Hello,

How often to the temp gages go bad in these cars? I have a 95 Grand Prix SE 3.1 Recently I have had problens with the temp gage red lining and the temp light would go on. Return hose is warm, but not 260! The fact that it is warm tells me that the thermistat is ok. Changed fan sensor. Changed gage sensor. Gage only thing left? Thanks for any info........

Reply to
Labrat

May be a stupid question, but did you check the collant? Could have vapor lock.

Reply to
98 Camaro

Yeah, coolant is fine. That was one of my 1st concerns. All of this just started to happen out of nowhere.

Reply to
Labrat

get it a summer thermostat anyway should be 180. the gage is 99% acurate

Reply to
GREASY DICK

could be alot of things wrong. water pump, fan/fans, dirty radiator, low coolant, the car is 10 years old

Reply to
GREASY DICK

Actually, it's 9 :) Not 10 until Sept :)

Reply to
clevere