Grand Prix Tranny Puzzle - Advice Please & Thanx

Wierd problem with my Grand Prix 2000 SE 3.1. After a highway cruise (not short city drives), my transmission starts to shift very rough and revs louder. If I shut the engine off and restart, its okay for a while. Ive had it checked out by dealer - all that ended up happening was they changed fluid and filter for a lot of money - ie. they are stumped or lazy. It still does the same thing. Would a tranny shop be a better choice ? Any advice is really appreciated.

Reply to
Fud

Find a shop or ask someone to reccommend one. I have problems with my 2002 GP 3.1 my dealer changed all filters, fluids, did engine flush and injection service. Now I am $800 shorter and problem is still unsolved.

Reply to
Raf

That's a bold statement. On a four year old car, without prior knowledge of the vehicle, changing the fluid is a good first step.

Why did you _A. pay and _B. leave, if it wasn't fixed?

I would prefer further diagnosis from an Auto repair shop, before heading to the trans. shop. You never know if they know anything except how to SELL you a tranny rebuild.

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh