95 pontaic grand am

When the grand am is cold in the morning the car stumbles and sometimes it stalls. Then after I drive the car it runs normally. It is a 2.3l DOC quad 4, if the is an answer I would like to hear about it thank you

Reply to
guyola38

Have you checked the timing? Chances are the timing is off and you might have to replace the timing chain or belt, whichever one it has.

Reply to
Mr_Notorius5500

Bad temp sensor. Dirty MAF, MAT, MAP sensor.

Reply to
« Paul =?is

Reply to
Scott Buchanan

Thinking about the O2 sensor and the rusty threads that form the ground, I hooked a large alligator clip to the sensor and the wire to the engine block. This assured a good ground. In the three cold starts since there has been no cold idle problems.

If you can't do this try loosening the O2 sensor and re tighten. Let me know if this helps.

Reply to
Scott Buchanan

the 2.3`s sometimes had a problem of developing condensation on the coil packs and mis firing...take a look at the boots coming from the coils to the plugs for signs of moisture and spark-arcing....

Reply to
autotek27