96 2.4 missing

I have a 94 grand am 2.4... engine runs smooth while idling or running down the road during normal driving. When engine begins to pull as in up a hill or when passing, the engine begins to miss. I have been told its a n 02 sensor. the dash check engine light just came on and the traction indicator light just came on. Any ideas? Thanks Ken

Reply to
dmka

Could be a great number of things. Have you started checking things yourself yet? I would check the spark plugs first, for condition and gap. And move from there. The most direct and efficient way to tackle this problem is to have the codes read. The computer is trying to tell you something.

Tony

Reply to
Tony V.

Sounds like a bunch of unrelated problems. At this point, there are hundreds of possibilities. Get the CEL and ABS codes read and post back here.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?Paul=B0?=