grand prix has missing in engine?/

94 grand prix(3.4)just started a mild missing in engine ,no warning signs before or trouble ,no check engine light triggered,just a slight missing while at idle or acceration,power is reduced in engine as well,anyone have any suggestions?useally when the car acts up a "check engine light" comes on,this time it didn.t so i am assuming to a point whatever happened isn't necessary electrical in conjunction with the computer.
Reply to
robert -wanda fox

bad plug wire

Reply to
« Paul »

Any moisture around the spark plugs will cause the symptoms you are having. Without going into a long explanation two opposing cylinders use the same coil and the cylinder head is used to as part of the ignition circuit. Bad seals around your ignition wires will do it especially if you have been driving in rain or snow.

good luck

Reply to
corky

Reply to
robert -wanda fox

What I have done since I had this happen to my 3.4 is remove the spark plug wires and wrap a cloth around a piece of wire to reach into the heads and remove the moisture. If this is the problem you will find the plug or plugs that are soaked. Once you remove the moisture and with the heat from the engine the problem should go away.

Reply to
corky