'96 Bonneville Auto Temp Control

Hey all. Just a quick question here. On my '96 Bonneville SE the temperature on the auto-temp control flashes. It will usually display a totally wrong temperature (according to it, last night it was a balmy 130 F), and it flashes when it wants to as well. It doesn't flash all the time, but quite a lot, and it only shows the correct temperature when it wants too. Is there any way to find out why the test the unit to see if there is anything wrong? I saw once that someone with a '94 or '95 Bonneville used a method of pressing and holding the OFF and FAN UP buttons for a few seconds, then doing a few other things to retrieve the codes to tell you what's wrong. I have tired that, but it didn't do anything. Is there anyway I can check mine, or do I have to scan the OBDII for trouble codes?

Thanks again everyone.

Reply to
80 Knight