96 Grand Prix, Transmission Shot???

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I'm gonna ask, cars got 140K on it, pretty sure the fluid and filter for the trans have never been replaced. I'm driving today on the highway and I notice the tach at about 4K rpms, I kick off the cruise and it starts slipping when I accelerate. I have to stop at a light and then when I start giving it gas I can feel it really slipping and bogging down then nothing, every gear is like neutral, including reverse. Right now it's sitting in a parking lot waiting for me to decide what to do. I just had the intake gaskets replaced about 2 months ago and some other work for about $800. If it is the transmission, is it worth getting rebuilt? One guy I talked to mentioned a few other things it might possibly be, but he thinks it the transmission. For $50 they'll check it out, but I've got to have it towed there. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
phishin2panic

Check trans fluid level and condition. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Gonna do that after work. I checked it about a month ago and level was fine although I did notice that it was a darker color than usual.

Reply to
phishin2panic

Transmission is shot.

Reply to