97 sunfire 2.2 5 speed clutch question

Hello,

First off thank you in advance and I am wondering if someone could help me out.

Today my reservoir to my clutch ran dry on me ( the one near the power brake fluid). Needless to say it was very hard to shift gears. I am wondering if this damages the slave cylinder on the tranny? Also is the slave cylinder very hard to change? I see a few bolts and a couple of minor things that need taken off.

My concern is that while shifting gears the gear shift seems sticky at times. I have no slipping, other than that sticky shifting.

Thanks,

Brad

Reply to
Someone

That won't damage your slave cylinder, but it's quite likely that the slave is what is leaking. You need to find out what exactly is leaking, the slave or the master. I'm fairly sure that on your vehicle the clutch slave cylinder is internal and the trans has to come out. In that case, it will be more then a few bolts and minor things.

That's because you have no/little fluid in the system.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Hi Shiden,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will have the shop take a look at it.

Thanks,

Reply to
Someone