Re: 97 sunfire 2.2 5 speed clutch question

Hi group,

Thanks for the help. I took my car in and sure enough the internal slave cylinder is leaking. The good news is it wont kill my bank account. But here is a good tip. Allot of places will only change the part that is needed if they can identify the problem. They don't tell you that you can have the works done for about an extra $150. What I mean by the works is the clutch,slave,fly wheel and all hardware.

The best value and honesty came from Mr.Transmission in Burnaby. Total cost $1002 including taxes.

Dealer

$2300 + tax

Others

$760 to change the slave