'97 Sunfire GT with 152k miles

Hi Group, I'd like opinions on the above mentioned car. I'm thinking about purchasing one as a gas saver for driving to work, which is approximately 25 miles each way.

I've never owned a Pontiac and don't know anything about them. How is this little car for reliability? The one I'm looking at is a 2.4L with a 5 speed. Sure looks cute and drives zippy. Everything feels tight and smooth, like it should, but if this is a model with a history of having problems, please let me know what to look for.

Thanks for any input.

Brigitte

Reply to
Brigitte

FBR

See if you can get service records... By now it should have had a clutch and water pump put in... both are a little pricey to have fixed. I also have the 2.4 with a 5 speed and get 30 to 33 mpg religiously. I know the car has gotten a bad rap but mine has been golden.

Michael

Reply to
White Tiger