Service Engine Soon...

The SES light on my 99 T&C came on today. I'm not able to get the codes like I can on my 95 GC. I just had the vehicle in for transmission service a few days ago. All I had done was the transmission fluid changed. Is it possible the SES light could be related to this maintenance?

I'm worried the shop didn't use the right transmission fluid, since I know these vans can be very particular about the fluids used in them. I didn't take it to a Chrysler dealer because of the distance, and I'm thinking that may have been a big mistake.

Any input is appreciated.

Brigitte

Reply to
Brigitte

Not likely, but they may have messed something else up. You need to get the code read to determine the cause. Autozone reads these for free and will give you the code and description.

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Reply to
jdoe

Hi Lary, I'll check the gas cap. Thanks

Brigitte

Reply to
Brigitte

We don't seem to have an AutoZone close to us. But I wonder, are their prices on "parts" discounted? or are they average?

Reply to
NoName

Turns out it was the coil. I had them replace the plugs and wires too, while they were at it. They were going to need to be replaced in 10k miles anyway.

Thanks to all that replied.

Brigitte

Reply to
Brigitte

by me there is a few big chains now and autozone has been beating the pants all the rest example fuel pump for a 69 newport was 14.00 there and all the rest wanted

30.+and it carries the lifetime warranty

N> We don't seem to have an AutoZone close to us. But I wonder, are their

Reply to
mic canic

Yep, And I also fell for that @#%$% also. Lifetime warranty on there cheaper priced starter. have had to return it three times in a year and a half for replacement. the $30.00 price difference is worth crawling under the car every 4 months! NOT!!!

Reply to
David