94 bonneville water pump replacement

I am no mater mechanic or I wouldn't be asking. I noticed my car leaking and trying to replace waterpump before it went totally out. I got the top bolts out to find out the two on the right is blocked by the engine mount. Thought I could just use a jack to hold the engine up while I took off the mount and replaced the pump. Don't see anywhere to put it except on the oil pan and really don't want to do this if it's going to ruin it. Any suggestions on how to change this out would be most appreciated!!!

Reply to
tjdyer

You have the right idea. What I've always done is use a 2X4 that will extend far enough so that you will be jacking on the front of the engine oil pan, and the front of the transmission pan at the same time. You will not damage anything by doing this....unless you do something really stupid. I've done this job hundreds of times this way. You can actually jack the front of the motor up far enough to just slide the mount off the top stud. With it out of the way, it's a piece of cake.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Thank you very much~ Will do it first thing in the morning.

Reply to
tjdyer