98 Sunfire 2.2 throttle postion sensor

Hi, The other day the engine check light came on. I used a OBD2 code reader and got the error code for throttle postion sensor. I went to NAPA and bought a new sensor. After I installed the new sensor, I rescanned the car and I got the same error code. Do I need to reset the computer ? If so how ? Or is it possible to install the sensor wrong ? It looks pretty straigth forward, the sensor is grooved. TIA.

Reply to
2cold2early

You should have used the OBDII code reader to clear all the codes in the computer.

Reply to
80 Knight

Reply to
Les Benn