99 Bonneville

I have a 99 Bonneville with the non-supercharged engine and it recently overheated. I let the engine cool down and now it will not start again. The car has been perfect up till this point. Any ideas why it doesnt start?

Thanks,

David D.

Reply to
David Dennis

I thought some one would've jumped in here by now. How many miles on the car? What was the condition/status of the cooling system at time of overheat? Does the engine turn over? We have to start with the basics.

-- markwb

2001 Bonneville SLE

Reply to
markwb

Lack of information is why nobody jumped in to answer. Somebody posted almost the same thing last week about a minivan not starting after overheating - ended up being a seized AC Compressor. When the serpentine belt was removed the vehicle fired right up.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~277, 300 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face