99 GP steering pump

I have a 99 grand prix with about 111,000 miles on it and a noisy power steering pump. Am planning to replace the pump this weekend and wondering how difficult it is to change the pulley off the old pump. I haven't looked under the hood to try to determine how the pulley is attached to the shaft. It is a 3.1L engine.

Reply to
RAS

"RAS" wrote

It's pressed onto the power steering pump shaft. You need special tools to remove and install this pulley. Make sure that the end of the pulley is exactly flush with the shaft when you are done installing it.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai