GP Thermostat

Hello,

I was just wondering what replacing a thermostat on a 1994 Grand Prix involves? Is it a difficult, or time consuming job?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to
Snowbelt

Geoff Welsh

Sorry, it is a 3.1.

Thanks

Reply to
Snowbelt

Hell No, not a 3.1 it isnt a hard job or time consuming.

Reply to
abomb6900

I just changed my t-stat in my 93 GP. Drain the system of coolant. Find the T-stat housing, it is on the drivers side of the motor. Take off the bleeder on the top and the 2 bolts on either side of the housing. Lift off the housing, take out the T-stat, put the new one in. You will need to also put a new seal in the housing. Re-attach the housing and fill up the coolant. All done. It cost me only about 10$ for the seal and T-stat. The longest time would be draining and filling the coolant. Max 30 min for it to be complete.

Reply to
evelyn