accessing flash codes

I have a 2002 sunfire and just recently the check engine light came on. I was wanting to know if I can access the codes with out a reader. I know on some cars you can use a jumper wire to get blink codes. Can someone help with this............thanks .......two-dogs

Reply to
two-dogs

Only cars made before around 1995 can do this. Anything newer you need a code scanner. Try your local AutoZone, or another such store. Some scan the codes for free.

Reply to
80 Knight

Thanks 80 knight thats what I wanted to know.......two-dogs

Reply to
two-dogs