accessing trouble code saturn ion 2003

Now, I know with a lot of the newer vehicles, basic trouble codes can be read with certain combinations.. such as hold mileage reset button and turn key to acc, on, acc on etc and engine light will blink the code.. Is there any such way to access the codes on a 2003 saturn ion without buying a code scanner? anybody know of ways to do it on other cars, that i could try out? It'd be much appreciated!

Reply to
ladeedadeedaadaa

Shep

I said without buying a code scanner as a lot of cars have built in code reading capabilities.... anyone know about this?

Reply to
ladeedadeedaadaa

I don't think very many OBD-II cars have built in code reading capability. The older ODB-I cars usually did.

Take it to AutoZone if the Check Engine light is on. They'll dump the codes for free.

You can get a cheap OBD-II reader for less than $50. Be sure yours is OBD-II, tho, some around that year are CAN.

Reply to
M.M.