ahhhhh.... a quieter Pontiac

I have a '95 GA for those of you that don't know. As I've posted before, the sway bar bushing were squeaking like an old rocking chair. I had posted about how to loosen these. So in a sense this is a follow up post. It was actually VERY easy. There were two holes to access the nuts that hold the U-bolt on. I loosened those, spread the bushing apart, (it has a split in it from the factory) and greased it up. Both sides, and no more creaking thank goodness!! Another thing I did that I'm positive some of you will laugh pretty good at. I cut up some old socks and took apart pieces of the dash and in a sense "insulated" parts of it to quiet it down from creaking as well. Everything is hidden, fits back together well, and it took care of a lot of that noise too.

Tony

Reply to
Tony V.

Sounds a lot like my '94 GA (including the dash). I'm gonna have to do the same thing to mine.

What color socks work best? :)

-- Chris

Chris McMartin

Yeah Tony, It sounds good those two items that you called out. A little bit of ingenuity goes a long way. Keep up the good work Bro.

-- markwb

2001 Bonneville SLE

Reply to
markwb

Hey, I've used pieces of sponge and duct tape for the same kind of squeak-curing. I'd be worried about putting my socks near anything resembling a fresh air vent. ;)

Reply to
ray

I hope those were CLEAN socks.

Reply to
clevere

Old socks...hhahahahaah.

You could also of used the self adhesive felt as a noise absorber for dash board pieces.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~266,400 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face