Alarm System or Anti-Theft System

I have a dilema, that I hope someone can help me with. I disconnected my battery cables to bypass the alarm system (to see if that my problem might be coming from the alarm system), anyway, I tried to reconnect the battery cables but when I do the alarm goes off and it won't stop going off! How do I stop the alarm from going off? I didn't even know that my car had the alarm on it until it did this...LOL. I am so sorry, I forgot to tell you to read my last forum message to find out what is wrong with my car. Thank you in advance.

Reply to
Nahnee

well first of all, what kind of car is it? seconly is it a factory alarm or aftermarket? Alot of aftermarket alarms go off after the battery is reconnected, normally you just press the disarm button on the remote or put the key in the ignition and turn it to the run position before putting the battery terminal on

Reply to
M.C. Tee

LOL...Thank you so much. It is a 1997 Pontiac Grand Am 2-Door 5-Speed...4 Liter. I am so sorry, I am ignorant when it comes to vehicles. I do believe it is a aftermarket alarm. I will try the battery connection now to see what happens. I will get back to you as soon as I get back in. Thank you so much for getting back to me right away! Melissa

Reply to
Nahnee

Ok, I am back....it did work for a second. After I hooked it up ( I put the positive on first, then I hooked the negative up), but to no avail. It took about 10 seconds or so for the alarm to go off after I hooked it up. I went into the car to turn the key to the off position after the alarm went off and then I turned the key back to the run position. It must be a factory alarm. What next?

Reply to
Nahnee