antifreeze in oil

Hello all, I have a 99 grand prix gtp, that has antifreeze in the oil. Sounds like the input gaskets and possibly the manifold (my memory is failing me) need to be replaced. Can anyone tell me how much it should be to replace the input gasket and flush all the associated parts of the engine? Sounds like this is a common problem with the chey 3.1 and

3.8 engines (mine is a 3.8).

any advice on whether this is a do it yourself-able job?

If not I think I am going to use this as an excuse to do various items that I've put off, like replacing some loose motor mounts and tune up the engine to get the gas milage back. Any suggestions on what else needs to be done?

chris

Reply to
cbsmith724

"Intake manifold", not input. I've never heard of this being a problem on the 3800 series engine which is a totally different design than the

2.8/3100/3400 engines. The 3800 engines typically leak outward.

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh