Brake Idiot light reset

I replaced the master cylinder on my 78 Lemans and bled the system and now the system is tight, but the idiot light will not go off, what do I have to do to that mixing valve to reset the light.

Thanks TM

Reply to
TM

I school we learned there is a button on some proportioning valves, but I've never seen one. Some old timers may have. The only trick I know, (assuming of course the sensor or valve is not bad), is to have one person crack a rear or front line (AFTER the sensor) while you push the pedal slowly down.....when the light goes out, push a millimeter farther, then tighten the line. It's tough to guess which way the system sensor needs to be equalized, but you may know, from whatever went bad. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh