Can anyone help me out?

hey,i got a 94 grand am, and i just bought subs and and an amp and whatnot...anyone got any ideas for mounting the box down in my trunk,last box got stolen and insurance wouldnt cover it since it wasnt bolted down...if anyone can help you can email or respond here..thanks in advance Jimmy

Reply to
JVanwin212

I would just drill some holes through the bottom, up by the shock towers. I haven't ever looked at mine that closely, so hopefully that will work. I don't know the official name, but get some bolts that have flat, round heads, and put that side to the bottom (outside) and put the nuts inside the box..... obviously. And, I know I'm being capton obvious here, but you're gonna have a bitch of a time if you get a flat, unless you take it all out first and just let it lay in your trunk.

Tony

Reply to
Tony V.

see what i had in mind was to just get some L brackets and bolt them from the side of the box to the thing that covers the spare tire...that way i have like

4 screws to undo if i get a flat and that would take no time...and the box it big enough so it sits over the thing you unscrew to get the thing that covers the spare tire off(i hope that makes sense)so if someone did break in and try to take it they couldnt get it up at all.. if anyones getting a mental picture and thinks it might work,let me know so i dont keep thinking it sounds like a stupid idea
Reply to
JVanwin212

I have a heavy duty chain and a big pad lock that goes from the trunk lid to the tail panel. There is just enough room when the trunk is opened while the lock is on the chain to slip a hand in to get the key in the pad lock...

To eliminate the chain from rattling I slid a 3 inch long piece of bicycle tire tube around the chainlinks.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~258,600 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face