Clogged intake stopping gas flow?

I am trouble shooting a 1988 Pontiac Sunbird 2.0L non-turbo. Supposedly the car was running fine, it was parked and then wouldn't start the next evening. It cranks great but does not try to catch or start at all. The injector is delivering gas with no issues; I have spark at out of the coil and checked 2 plugs, looks good; the distributor rotor is turning; the timing belt was changed a few months ago and looks good. I checked TPS per the Haynes manual, all good. But it will not even try to sputter, it just cranks. One odd thing I noticed that with all of the cranking of the motor the plugs never smelled of gas or looked wet. When I looked down the throttle body I noticed that there was a pool of gas (about 1/4" deep) in the intake at the bottom of the throttle body. What could cause the gas to pool in the intake and not get to plugs? If the gas is collecting in the intake and not making to the engine I can see why it wouldn't start. A clogged intake stopping gas flow? That just doesn't sound right?! Any ideas!

Reply to
MindBreakN

id take a compression test first .

ds549