04 Grand Prix GTP supercharger whine?

My 2004 GP GTP has 55,000 miles and starting to make a whining sound that I'm thinking is either supercharger or power steering. The whine seems most noticeable first thing in the morning, when the engine is cold and accelerating while turning. This did not happen when new. Has anyone else experience similar situation? My dealer can't "replicate the problem". Thanks, Brett

Reply to
DBL

Cold - Accelerating - Turning. Sounds like power steering pump noise. Check fluid level and condition. Changing fluid may solve the problem

- would not be the first.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Here's one for you....check out the return idler pulley, the one farthest to the right when facing the drive belt end of the engine.

Mine disintegrated while driving after I noticed a whining noise when the car was cold. The belt got a bit chewed up as the pulley came apart. The ribbed portion of the pulley is gone, the belt stayed under the hood. Car runs fine with no indication anything is wrong, except no boost on the dash indication when I step down on it. Not sure when it came apart, I was on a 950 mile rode trip with the stereo turned up, and there are no indications of anything wrong on the dash.

My 2002 has 50,500 miles on it.

Is this a common failure? Never heard anyone else complainng......

Reply to
beblount