Does Pontiac Have Anything Interesting Coming Out?

Does pontiac have anything interesting coming out in the very near future? I am seeking something about the size of a grandam or grandprix in a 2 door coupe. It should be low stylish, semi luxuy and sporty. Prefer a long hood and short deck. I liked the 96-2000 styled Grand Prix coke bottle body styled coupes and dont know why they screwed up the styling and went with the hi-top tennis shoe body style grand prix which offers nothing in style.

Reply to
Timmy Thompson Private Eye

There are talks of releasing some of the Holden projects here in america, such as a pontiac G5, or a holden commodore; also, the new GTO will be released late 2008 as a 2009 model, on the same zeta platform as the new Camaro. That's a two door, and the 03-06 interior was very nice IMO. Just look up Holden cars, and see what exists. Since GTO's will be discontinued for two years, why not wait a month, and see just how cheap they are, since most dealers will be trying to get rid of them anyway? I'm sure you can find one for an AWESOME price.

FBodyFreak

Reply to
xman

I just hates the looks of those new GTOs, plus I want a performance 6 cyl because of gas prices.

Reply to
Ralph D. Malph

I'm hugging my Beretta GT as we speak. :)

My dad points out that these new sports cars *look* like FWD cars--which is usually a bad thing coming from someone who hasn't got anything that doesn't have a nice long driveshaft coming out the back.

Reply to
Jody Lee Bruchon

One more thing...the Beretta is IMHO a very nice sports car that comes with a 3.1 V6 under the hood--if you could get one in decent shape, you'd love it (if it's a manual, anyway--don't know about automatics, yuck). Mine's a little old-looking but it's pretty darn snappy, and I've often found myself hitting 25 MPH in first when I get angry...

Reply to
Jody Lee Bruchon

Reply to
hdd

20-year-old technology with a lot of speed and at the same time the ability to squeeze an average 30 MPG out of (I've done it, and that's with heavy in-town driving). And the car looks good, especially if you put a new paint job on it.

The age of the technology doesn't matter--in fact, you'll find a Beretta GT to be much easier to deal with than one of these stinking new Impalas (once again, a personal and very annoying experience). At least everything in the car isn't shrouded by a computer the user has to take to a dealer and pay hundreds to make any kind of changes to.

Like I said, I love my Beretta. I'd rather have it than any other FWD V6 car. I can't stretch it so far as to say I wouldn't take a Camaro over it, but then again, the Camaro is in a totally different class (performance AND money-wise).

Sometimes 20-year-old technology can be a *good* thing.

~Jody

Reply to
Jody Lee Bruchon

yeah, but there's been no improvement in gas mileage during those 20 years. Small V6 powered cars are still getting mpg in the 20's. One important thing about 20 year old cars is the parts are available in the aftermarket, dirt cheap. Tires won't cost $250 each either.

Reply to
Joe

Joe wrote: > .....One important

which is convenient, since 20 YO cars break down daily. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

GM never seems to have the resources to give all of the divisions the vehicle updates needed. Other than the Solstice, Pontiac has next to nothing of interest going on.

John

Reply to
John Horner

What a load of bunk! Check out the G6 GTP. That is one nice car and available in several body styles depending on your tastes and needs. This year, the car gets 252 HP from a very nice V6. Also, there is a V8 powered Grand Prix which is nice if you need a muscular 4 door sedan.

I own a 2005 Grand Am GT which is loaded and I'm very happy with the car so far. Next car for me will probably be a G6 GTP coupe or a Solstice.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Blazanovic

I have a 15 year old GM car that has never let me down. and a 14 year old before that and a few others, long term. It is the 5 year old GM car that is going to crap. That is what convinced me NOT to buy another GM.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

We have a 5 year old GM as well that needed a new transmission. I think it happened because of the way we drove it through the mountains. We were very hard on it. So far I have never owned a GM that did not hit 200K. My Bonny had 278K when I sold it and it looked perfect when I sold it.

Had to get a van with the third kid on the way. I really hope GM keeps the quality high because they will need it to turn the corner financially.

Reply to
LS

The GTO (AKA Holden Monaro) in Australia was available with 3.8L supercharged V6. Most Commodores are V6 powered.

Reply to
Mal Osborne

Mal,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the AU 3.8L is basically a Series III engine with an aluminum block. I'd love to get one of those engines and drop it in my '94 Regal!

The full-sized Holden car (the Caprice) would be a great addition to the US lineup as well - would give GM US a full-sized RWD sedan to compete against the Crown Vic and the big RWD Chrysler products. Another kinda nitch idea would be the UTE - Holden's version of the old El Camino type vehicle. Of course we've HAVE to have it with roo bars :))

Regards, Bill Bowen Sacramento, CA

Reply to
William H. Bowen

In Canada there's the Pontiac Wave. Another name for the Korean designed and built Daewoo Kalos sold as the Chev Aero. Another GM import sold as a domestic car to compete with the NA built "imports" by Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc.

Reply to
who

Pontiac will be showing their version of the Commodore at the Chicago Auto Show in Feb '07. It'll be a "concept" so no word on if/when it'll actually be available. Since Pontiac has such a dearth of products and it'll be quite a while before the Oshawa plant is ready to build Zeta vechicles I'm guessing that they'll import this "concept" from AUS for a couple of years until they can start building Zeta here (although there is a rumor that Zeta will be built at another plant as well and perhaps that will be ready soon enough to avoid importing cars built in AUS).

As far as a sporty coupe, all you can hope for is the next GTO (still a few years out) or possibly the rumored Solstice coupe (I'm assuming the G6 coupe doesn't do it for you).

Reply to
Scott Zabolotzky

Looks like Pontiac management agree.....

\

Reply to
Mal Osborne

Mal,

I'm not all that thrilled with the looks of the new Commodore - liked the previous generation design much better. However, the SS-V version sure looks interesting. I hope Pontiac imports it - reminds me (in concept) of the Catalina Super-Dutys from the early 60s.

Now when do we get the UTE?

Regards, Bill Bowen Sacramento, CA

"Mal Osborne" wrote:

Reply to