DRL gasoline usage

Forget about reflectors, grills, inners, outers, parking lights, and all

> that. The high beams also function as daytime running lights. When you > take the car out of "park" then drive away, the high beams are illuminated > at low brilliance. The DRL relay (ambient light sensor detecting daylight) > when picked up, places the high beams in series (voltage dropping) to dim > the high beams, that's it. Unless you've done modifications to your > lighting controls ?

You and James are right, the high-beams are used DRL in the Bonneville.

I stepped out of the car and confirmed what you described. Until then, I was just relying on its reflection on the cars ahead of me...

Reply to
Neo

Not a problem...there are so many different implementations out there...seemingly anything is possible. Thanks for following up...! It is much appreciated! It does underscore that even a knowledgeable person such as yourself can be confused about what GM is doing with the lights on their own cars...which really isn't a good thing at all (in my opinion). Imagine the confusion out there in the general population...how scary is that!?!?

Reply to
James C. Reeves